VIDEO SURVEILLANCE STORAGE
The use of video surveillance is growing in popularity for monitoring industrial processes, monitoring traffic to assist emergency services, transport safety officers at incidents and for numerous applications in the retail environment. But capturing video is pointless if there is no way to store the data.
HARD DISK DRIVE
Innovations in speed, capacity and interfaces have dramatically reduced HDD cost per gigabyte and enable HDDs to handle large amounts of data very quickly. In order to increase the throughput performance and reliability of HDD-based systems, multiple HDDs can be used in what is known as a RAID array.
OF VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS
Selecting a high quality storage product in your surveillance system improves reliability and will reduce total cost of ownership and ensure customer satisfaction.
A built-in Rotational Vibration Sensor (RVS) enables the drive to compensate for any rotational vibration that occurs from the drive itself, or outside of the drive.
With Toshiba’s massive 5TB surveillance HDDs, organizations now can store more data for longer periods on less number of HDDs.
Power efficiency in surveillance products is key to save cost for energy and cooling equipment. Toshiba offers one of the most power efficient surveillance drives in the market.
WHICH STORAGE DO I NEED?
Today, surveillance professionals must choose a hard drive that fits the needs of their specific surveillance system. Choosing a product that is designed specifically for surveillance applications is crucial, as they will deliver optimal performance in terms of capacity, reliability, work-load and cost.
Toshiba offers three types of storage products for different systems and workloads.
Video Stream HDDs
For DVR-Recorders Securing Businesses and the Home.3.5-inch DT01ABAxxxV
For Demanding 24x7 Surveillance Public Safety and Events NVR Applications.3.5-inch MD03ACAxxxV 3.5-inch MD04ABAxxxV
THE TOSHIBA SURVEILLANCE HDD
Especially designed for digital video security systems, the latest Toshiba Surveillance MD04ABA-V series offers purpose-built advanced features:
- Support for up to 32 high-definition cameras*
- 24x7 always-on operation
- 1 million hours MTTF*
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors for high reliability in RAID / multi-HDD platforms
- Up to 5TB Capacity to retain higher resolution surveillance video data*
- Large 128MiB Buffer / Cache for better streaming performance*
- Low Power Consumption when using low spin and adaptive power mode control
- Quieter Operation versus higher RPM HDDs
CENTRALIZED BASED SURVEILLANCE
In cloud systems high reliability is a key component so that less mirroring is needed and therefore total capacity and system footprint can be kept to a safe but effective minimum. To meet these needs, Toshiba has developed the 24x7 MG04 series Nearline HDDs which are available in capacities of up to 6TB featuring persistent write cache technology protecting data in the event of unexpected power loss.
ENGINEERED FOR COMPATIBILITY
Toshiba Surveillance storage products are designed and manufactured specifically for surveillance applications and include features to optimize performance, save power and maintain reliability. They are compatible with industry-leading video systems.
- Toshiba offers one of the most power efficient surveillance drives in the market as of January 2015; Toshiba Research.
- Number of surveillance cameras support capability is defined by performance simulation with High Definition cameras as 2MiB/s rate.
- Product image may represent a design model.
- Definition of capacity: Toshiba defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- MTTF (Mean Time to Failure) is not a guarantee or estimate of product life; it is a statistical value related to mean failure rates for a large number of products which may not accurately reflect actual operation. Actual operating life of the product may be different from the MTTF.
- Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.